Elegy at the Turn of the Aspens

Posted on

I am very happy with my retirement to the pampas of Central Texas … it was mostly a good move. But this is one of the things I miss about my old Colorado home. Nothing beats the serenity a drive up Cumbres Pass that descends on me when the aspens turn …
Farewell, Colorado. I’ll not likely see you again until I close my eyes for the last time.

12 thoughts on “Elegy at the Turn of the Aspens

SouthernCharm said:
    October 4, 2020 at 11:48 am

What beauty! I wish we had something gorgeous like that here as well as the leaves changing. All that happens here, are the leaves turning brown and falling yo the ground. What joy! 😐

Hope you’re doing well ol’ friend.

Rusty Armor responded:
      October 4, 2020 at 12:33 pm

I do remember running across I-10 in early spring there, however. Lush!

SouthernCharm said:
        October 4, 2020 at 12:41 pm

Our portion of I-10 has lovely greenery, but Mother Nature skipped over the changing colors in La, arghhh.

Rivergirl said:
    October 4, 2020 at 12:42 pm

Colorado is definitely on my bucket list.

Rusty Armor responded:
      October 4, 2020 at 12:51 pm

Late spring and early fall for the mountains is the best times. The aspens change very quickly and the show is over in two weeks .. The southern mountains along the Great Divide are especially scenic.

Rivergirl said:
        October 4, 2020 at 12:59 pm

I wouldn’t necessarily go for the color. When it comes to foliage you can’t beat ours… late spring sounds perfect.

Lia Storm said:
    October 4, 2020 at 6:24 pm

This reminds me of the colors in Boise, Idaho when I was there in the Fall. As you know I don’t get any color here, or very little to speak of and Fall was one of my favorite seasons and I miss the Fall!!
    Good to see you posting. I was getting concerned since normally you are first to comment when I write a post and I didn’t see you last time so , well, anyway, you are alive and well and that is a good thing ❤

Rusty Armor responded:
      October 5, 2020 at 12:36 pm

I can’t post a comment on your blogger page … don’t know why … still working on it …

Lia Storm said:
        October 5, 2020 at 1:59 pm

You can post here where I left the link. I normally don’t do that, but it wouldn’t let me copy and paste that blog and I didn’t feel like re-writing it here so just left the link, but I said anyone could comment here lol.

Rusty Armor responded:
        October 5, 2020 at 3:05 pm

I should be able to … I have had a blogger page for aeons … I don’t use it much these days …

Boo said:
    October 5, 2020 at 8:29 am

Such a burst of color!

Rusty Armor responded:
      October 5, 2020 at 12:38 pm

It is hard to describe the golden color that surrounds you when you are in the midst of an aspen glade … it is a out of a fairytale experience